A journal is how the world is seen in YOUR eyes. Everyone’s journal will be different. There is no set formula, it is by you for you!
It can sometimes take a bit of time to get used to writing in your journal, but it should end up being something super enjoyable to do. You may want to add to your journal every day, or just when you feel like it.
You can use it to scribble down ideas and write anything you want! You can also sketch, paint or even collage inside your journal. You may want to vary what you are doing for different entries.
If you want, you could even create an imaginary travel journal about places you dream of going to!
Here are some ideas of what you could include:
- I have visited…
- How long the journey is/was
- What I would like to do when I get there
- What am I most looking forward to
- I have met…
- I have discovered…
- My favourite thing was…
- Picture of the day
- My mood was… Tip: You could use a colour to express your mood
- The weather was
- Games I have played
- Things I have learnt
- Questions I have thought of
- Quotes of things people have said
To make your journal more colourful you could add:
- Stuck in or drawn maps/postcards/flyers
- A drawing, painting or collage showing part of the day
- Flowers or leaves you have found on your walks
- A poem, story, rap, song or book review
Your journal cover can be soft or hard, handmade or bought. Your journal may feel extra special if you make your own cover. You could cover it with drawings, wrapping paper, stickers and more.
Keep your journal safe! You may want to read them all again when you are older. What do you think the older version of you would think reading your journal?