Tiikat loves adding avocado (or avo-cat-o, as he likes to call it) to lots of food.
Guacamole is a fantastic avocado dip, originating in Mexico.
This is a chunky version, but if you prefer your dips smooth, you can blend this in a food processor.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 bowl
What you need:
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato / 3 or 4 cherry tomatoes
- Handful of fresh coriander
- ½ lime
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Garlic crusher (optional)
- Carefully cut the avocado in half, take out the stone and remove the flesh.
Hint: You can either peel off the skin or remove the flesh using a spoon.
- Slice your avocado flesh and add it to your mixing bowl.
- Chop your coriander.
- Finely chop your tomato.
- Add your chopped tomato and coriander to your avocado.
- Crush your garlic into the bowl if using.
- Mash all with a fork until combined.
- Squeeze in some lime and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Why not try combining your avocado dip with other flavours, for example fresh ginger or chopped red onion?